Hello Buddies 🙂
How are you all doing ? This time again I proved to be the laziest blogger ever. Its been very long time last I made a post for you. I know I have been too bad but please go easy and forgive me I have got a new year gift for you- Greeting card tutorial ! (Reason enough 🙂 ?)
Some of you might remember the bunch of colourful greeting cards I made last year it was the first time I made so many greeting cards. I even posted a video tutorial for it check it out here
Inspired by myself this year around the same time again I made similar bunch of New year greeting cards for all my friends cousins relatives almost everyone 🙂 And you guessed it right this time also I made colourful cards with origami technique. When you make a whole bunch of them origami is the best technique and comes in handy in making interesting cards.
But this one is little tougher origami than last year yet sorry I couldn’t make a video tutorial for it. Bare with my step by step photographs. I have tried my best. I wanted to make lot of cards and wanted to make them in lesser time. You can even make this as a last minute gift. You hardly need much supplies just a origami colour paper and a tiny cardstock will do. Sounds easy isn’t it. Just follow the origami steps carefully. Shall we move on to the tutorial.
- Origami Paper
- Cardstock (Chart Paper)
- Satin Ribbon
- Colour Sketches
- Craft Glue
My Method :
- Take a Square Origami paper of any colour of your choice.
- Follow the steps below to get a foldable box kind of a thing.
- Mine is a very tiny box. But I liked it that way, If you wanted a bigger box take a big square
- Cut a tiny satin ribbon to tie around and secure the box from opening (I took red colour paper so I chose white ribbon to match the santa effect 🙂 )
- Once the outer box is ready we are almost done. The difficult part is over
- Next step is to prepare a tiny cardstock to fit inside this origami box. This is where we write down the wishes
- I wanted to keep it simple so this tiny message card was enough for me. If you are not satisfied you can make a bigger box and a bigger Wish card
- You can stick this card inside the box, but I left it inside without sticking instead I stuck a photo behind the card. An old happy memory with the person whom we are giving the greeting card
- Thats it ! I added a small choclate inside the box and tied the satin ribbon
- My teeny tiny New year gift ready !!
- How do you like it ? Ready to make a seasonal cards for your loved ones ?
Do you like these stuff ? Then Follow my blog to see more of these . You can find the follow button on the right side top corner of the page, take a moment to confirm subscription by checking the confirmation e-mail in your subscribed mail-ID. Also if you are in Facebook be kind to like my page here and support me