The best part of my craft projects are I always tend to reuse waste materials. In today’s project we will use old CD. I have got a lot of old useless CDs lying around in my house. So I planned to use one of them in my project. This one is a very simple project but then it is a little messy and needs a lot of patience.
Things you will need:
- Old CD
- Acrylic paint (colour of your choice – Preferred colour Black)
- Paint brush
- Cleaned Egg shells
- Tooth Pick/needle
- Small piece of Satin Ribbon
- Embellishment/Small photograph
- And a lottt of Patience 🙂
- Take an old CD which is no more used and Paint it completely with Black acrylic paint. Let it dry
- Next step is to crush the cleaned egg shells (no don’t powder it). Break it to smaller flakes (No need of hammering your fingers will do)
- Prepare the Modpodge. Mix 1 part fevicol with 2 parts water and dilute it.
- Now comes the difficult part start applying diluted glue on the painted cd and arrange the egg flakes on by one randomly till you get the mosaic effect.
- Use the tooth pick/needle to move around the egg shells. Slowly repeat the process until you cover the whole surface on one side of the CD.
- Let it dry. After its dry apply one more coat of glue on top of the egg shells to seal it .This can also be done with Varnish to make it water proof.
- Now add any embellishment or small picture at the centre of the CD to hide the hole at the center.
- Add a ribbon behind the CD with glue for hanging purpose.
- That’s it we are done 🙂 Got a cool Wall hanger!
This is simple project So Do try this and fancy yourself with a cool Wall hanger 🙂
Hurray finally the first Post!! 🙂
Nowadays though every one of us have a camera, when it comes to getting clicked our profile picture all of us will be excited. Everyone likes to display their best Pictures now you can do that in facebook. Still having a hard copy of your framed picture is always special. Now that’s where our project comes into picture. Yes you guessed it right we will make a photo frame as our first project, but with a sweet twist 🙂 . How about having a unique photo frame for your best picture, that even spells your name!! Ok enough of the ado let’s get our hands dirty. First Things first (Exactly)
Things you will need:
- Card stock
- Craft knife
- Acrylic paint
- Paint Brushes
- Transparent OHP sheet
- Of course Your best Picture 🙂
The basic idea is enlarging one letter of your name then fitting your photo inside that. For example the letter “O” will make a pretty frame. But what if “O” is not present in your name, don’t worry if you are creative enough you can fit your photo in any of the letters.Now choose a letter from your name to fit your picture.
- First step is “Designing your frame” You can use Photo shop/MS Power point to do this or the hard way is to draw it by hand.I did a minuscule frame for the name “Lakshmi”and I chose the letter “h” for the frame.
- Print each letter of your name in your desired font and size. Example I used “Cooper Black” font for the letter “L”. This would print to a size of approximately 3 cm. Design your letters with different fonts with different sizes, you can also toggle between CAPS and small letters. The size of the “h” (the picture letter) should be double the size of other fonts.
- After printing your letters use it as templates and cut them in the card stock (you can also use old cereal boxes/greeting cards instead of card stock)
- Arrange the letters overlapping each other. This is up to your creativeness. After arranging link/stick all the letters using glue.
- Now you got the overall shape of your Name. Stick the whole thing on a OHP sheet and cut out the outline shape of your name. This would help to hold all the letters together and a protective cover for the photo inside the “h”.
- Paste your photo behind “h” cut out the “h” in a thick cardboard and paste it behind your photo. This cardboard will keep your frame upright.
- Now our frame is almost done we just have to add a small stand behind the “h” to make our frame stand alone. Fold a thick card 3 cm width and 10 cm length like this “/” and attach it behind “h” (the picture letter)
- Now paint and colour your name Decorate it with all your imagination.You can even do the painting before arranging the letters.
9. Tada !! Your unique handmade Name Frame is ready 🙂
Isn’t it lovely ? This would make a nice birthday gift too. A handmade gift is always special so make one of this and surprise your friend 🙂