As all of you know I am so very much addicted to DIY recycled crafts. I saw one of such a craft – cardboard vase here. As soon as I saw the post I set out to try this simple recycle craft :). It came out very well. I am using this vase as a center piece for my coffee table. Since I don’t get fresh flowers everyday, I kept money plant inside the vase. It grows in water so well and It looks Greeny all the time :). Here is how I made it with little variations from the original post.
- Corrugated cardboard
- Cylindrical cardboard tube ( I used shuttlecock box )
- Old CD
- Small Glass bottle (Planter)
- Craft Knife
My Method :
- First step is to cut 1/2 inch strips of the cardboard.
- Make sure you cut against the corrugations.The grains should be seen along the length of the strips.
- Cut these strips into 1 1/2 inch pieces. You will need loads of such pieces so cut enough of them.
- Now comes “The making of the vase”. Start arranging the pieces in the shape of a hexagon on the CD, this forms the first layer.
- Place the cylindrical tube on the CD. Make sure the tube fits inside the hexagonal shape.
- Arrange the next layer pieces alternatively on top of the first.
- Continue arranging and glue the pieces around the tube until the tube is covered.
- Once completed remove the tube outside and let the glue dry.
- After drying again place the tube inside and place the glass plant bottle inside the tube.
- Finally paint the CD with Black colour. This step is optional if you wish to have the shining effect of the CD you can leave it as it is.
- Thats it Vase ready !
It comfortably sits on my coffee table 🙂 Such a simple and beautiful recycle craft adoring my coffee table 🙂
Do you like these stuff ? Follow my blog . You can find the follow button on the right side top corner of the page, take a moment to confirm subscription by checking the confirmation e-mail in your subscribed mail-ID. Also if you are in Facebook be kind to like my page here and support me.